So since I dropped out of grad school I am now living with my parents once again. However since the last time I lived with them they have moved to a new town a couple hours from anyone I know. Also they now live in a small town, with very few job opportunities for someone who has a bachelors in World lit and Cultural Studies. And I don't know how to drive. So heres what to do if you ever find yourself in this situation.
1. Apply for crappy jobs. Such as bartender. Then really hope you get these jobs even though you have basically no experience. There doesn't seem to be a way to say I've spent many hours in bars on a resume, weird right?
2. Watch many hours of Jersey Shore. Get into it. Feel joyful when the boys split up. Feel sorrowful when Sammy and Ronnie fight. Want to smack a bitch when they are being catty.
3. Make your little sister have a Harry Potter Marathon. This is best done when said little sister does not have to go to school. Eat ALOT of candy. Bask in the glory that is HP. Truly feel their triumphs and sorrows.
4. Dowload seasons of tv shows. Such as Mad Men. Watch them.
5. Try to do the Yoga portion of P90X. Wonder at what makes people hate their bodies enough to suffer through the workout. Give up because you cannot balance.
6. Make up ridiculous goals for yourself. I am now trying to read all the books on the BBC's top 100. Mainly because the HP books were on it and that meant I could cross those off. But I am now reading Love in the time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.
7. Converse with your cats.
8. Write ridiculously long blog post about all the boring stuff you've been doing. Hope noone feels bad for you cause its actually fun doing nothing. :) Although I'm sad my little sister has to go to school tommorow. Cause now I can't watch Mad Men without her.