My attempt to come to terms with the ridiculousness of my life..

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"These are hard times for dreamers"



Today I happened upon my absolute favorite movie Le Fabuleux destin d'Amelie Poulain. I actually first saw this movie on this same channel-IFC back in grade 11, so like 6 years ago. I loved it so much I even cut my hair to look like Amelie's, which was not necessarily the best look for me. I love it because it makes me want to be both more and less like the main character Amelie. More like her in the helping people way but less like her in the introverted, live in your head kind of way.Anyways if you haven't seen it you should because it instantly always makes me feel better about life. It does have subtitles, which alot of people don't like but some of the best movies I have ever seen are subtitled. Here are some pics and awesome quotes that make me love this movie:



"Nino is late. Amelie can only see two explanations.
1 - he didn't get the photo.
2 - before he could assemble it, a gang of bank robbers took him hostage. The cops gave chase. They got away... but he caused a crash. When he came to, he'd lost his memory. An ex-con picked him up, mistook him for a fugitive, and shipped him to Istanbul. There he met some Afghan raiders who too him to steal some Russian warheads. But their truck hit a mine in Tajikistan. He survived, took to the hills, and became a Mujaheddin. Amelie refuses to get upset for a guy who'll eat borscht all his life in a hat like a tea cozy." My exact perspective on most boys.




"Any normal girl would call the number, meet him, return the album and see if her dream is viable. It's called a reality check. The last thing Amélie wants." Things in my head are usually a million times better.




"You mean she would rather imagine herself relating to an absent person than build relationships with those around her?"



"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."

1 comment:

  1. Sans toi, les émotions d'aujourd'hui ne seraient que la peau morte des émotions d'autrefois...

    ReplyDelete