My attempt to come to terms with the ridiculousness of my life..

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

In which I miss my family..

This is the beginning of the fifth year that I have live on my own. Not consecutively as there have been some stints in this period of time where I have lived at home. However my homesickness actually never goes away. Living away from your home comes with the realization that in your life there will always be people you are missing. I think this has been the saddest realization I made growing up. My life has always involved my family being in different places( being from a family of divorce and frequent moves) but it is something I never get used to. My ultimate dream is that everyone I love will one day all live close enough that it take two minutes to see anyone. This is clearly not realistic and even with that wish I feel as though its time to move on soon. Maybe this is just because I know school is ending soon but something inside of me is telling me that I'm done with this university town and that it is time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment