My attempt to come to terms with the ridiculousness of my life..

Monday, September 21, 2009

Tools of Procrastination

I would consider myself a master of the art of procrastination. I really wish I could be one of those people who cold get things right away and therefore not have to worry the hour before something is due whether or not you will finish in time. Its a mystery to me why I do this.. but it just seems that I can't get motivated until the extreme last minute and sometimes after that. I have been known to see due dates as sort of fluid things and I often try and get away with passing things in weeks after they are due if the penalty is not that severe. This is not to say I'm not a good student, but I imagine that I would have much better grades if I did not willingly sacrifice marks to the gods of procrastination. I can procrastinate in many ways but I am mainly a fan of procrastinating with things that I deem as useful such as: calling home (this keeps me from being homesick), cleaning my room, taking a shower, reading for a different class, making list of things I need to accomplish, eating, and now writing in my blog(which proves the point that it is not hard to update your blog everyday). However one of my main tools of procrastination is completely useless: the evil facebook..also reruns of tv shows I have already watched.
However this year I want to turn over a new leaf. I don't believe I can completely cut procrastination out of my life but I am going to set what may seem like a small goal for myself but I imagine could make quite the difference: This year I will always pass my work in on time as well as I will keep up with my readings.

1 comment: